This video is one segment in a series of videos from ResDAC’s Introduction to using Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Data for Research.
This brief presentation outlines:
- the educational objectives for the Introduction to Medicare workshop
- ResDAC's mission and structure
- an overview of the Medicare program including its structure and content
Topics discussed include:
- who is eligible and enrolled in the Medicare program
- Medicare benefits structure (Parts A, B, C, & D)
- coverage and costs of the program
This presentation also reviews enrollment demographics of the Medicare population and why understanding Medicare policy is important for research using Medicare data.