The Medicaid and CHIP TAF (T-MSIS Analytic File) Pharmacy (RX) file includes records of filled prescriptions. Records include fee-for-service (FFS) claims, managed care encounters and supplemental payments for Medicaid, Medicaid-expansion CHIP and separate CHIP.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- National Drug Code (NDC)
- Days supply covered by the prescription
- Charges and Medicaid payments (FFS only)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) for the billing provider
- Encounter data reporting may vary by state, year and eligibility group.
- Information on the drug name, dosage and format is not recorded in the TAF RX file. An external source of NDC data will be required if that information is needed.
- For resources on Medicaid TAF data quality, click here.