This video is one segment in a series of videos from ResDAC’s Introduction to the Use of the Medicaid and CHIP TAF (T-MSIS Analytic File) Data for Research. This presentation provides an overview of the Medicaid program. Understanding the programmatic structure underlying the data is key to correct interpretation.
- The history and design of the Medicaid program
- Services covered by the Medicaid program
- Notable features of Medicaid, including waivers, etc.
- Use of managed care in the Medicaid Program
- The impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on the Medicaid program