The Long Term Care Minimum Data Set (MDS) is a health status screening and assessment tool used for all residents of long term care nursing facilities certified to participate in Medicare or Medicaid, regardless of payer. The assessment is also required for Medicare payment of skilled nursing facility stays. Assessment data for Skilled Nursing Swing Beds 2.0 is included in a separate file. Version 2.0 was replaced by MDS version 3.0 on October 1, 2010.
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Resource Utilization Group (RUG) code
- Clinical status measures
- Physical functioning assessment
- Psychological status measures
- Psycho-social functioning measure
- End-of-life care decisions