What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- Three flags for each chronic condition:
- First occurrence date
- Mid year indicator
- End of year indicator
- The algorithms used to assign the flags are available from the CCW website.
- Algorithms requiring a multiple-year look back period are completed without requiring the researcher to order multiple years of data.
- Algorithms search data from Medicare Fee-For-Service (FFS) claims.
- The 27 CCW algorithms are being replaced with 30 CCW algorithms starting with CY 2017 data files. See individual variable pages for a description of how the algorithms impact specific variables and the Chronic Conditions File Enhancements white paper for more detailed information.
- This file is a segment that can be requested in addition to the Master Beneficiary Summary File (MBSF) base file.
- CCW will no longer produce the 27 CCW Chronic Conditions file after the 2021 calendar year data file.