The Medicare Home Health Agency (Encounter) file includes Medicare Advantage (MA) plan records for home health agency services.
This file includes (variable highlights):
- Part C Benefit Package and Contract number
- diagnosis (ICD diagnosis) codes
- HCPCS code
- Revenue center codes, dates, unit counts
- Organization NPI
- NPI for line rendering physician
- Patient discharge status code
- No payment variables
- Encounter records submitted to CMS by September, 2022 for dates of service in CY 2020
Many Medicare Advantage Plans offer extra coverage in addition to services covered under traditional fee-for-service Medicare (e.g., vision, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs). Encounter data may include records for some of these additional items and services provided under the plan.