This video is one segment in a series of videos from ResDAC’s Introduction to the Use of the Medicaid and CHIP TAF (T-MSIS Analytic File) Data for Research.
- Why and how are Medicaid claims submitted to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)?
- Medicaid Statistical Information System (MSIS) to Transformed-MSIS (T-MSIS) transition
- How are CMS Medicaid data released to researchers?
- Processing the data into Chronic Conditions Warehouse (CCW) TAF RIF (T-MSIS Analytic File, Research Identifiable FIles)
- Identifiers used to link beneficiaries across files
- Enrollment and Utilization File Overviews
- TAF DE (Demographics and Enrollment)
- TAF IP (Inpatient)
- TAF LT (Long Term Care)
- TAF RX (Prescription drugs)
- TAF OT (Other services)
- TAF Provider and Plan File Overviews
- TAF APL (Annual Managed Care Plan)
- TAF APR (Annual Provider)
- Basic principles of using administrative healthcare claims for research